On behalf of the IICMS I would like to wish all our members and committee members a very Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I would like to thank all of the executive committee members and members of other subcommittees for their hard work and support during the year. Thank you also to anyone who submitted articles for the website and our annual conference earlier this year, and for your contribution to the various CPD days that were run throughout the year.
We are looking forward to our Annual Conference next spring, which will take place at the Sheraton Hotel, Athlone again this year on the 27th March 2020.
We are always looking for volunteers to join sub-committees and contribute to our website news and social media accounts. Please contact a member of your faculty if you are interested in getting involved.
The time has come to renew your membership for 2020. By joining and being active within your faculty makes the IICMS a stronger voice to represent you. Membership runs per calendar year (Jan – Dec) so the earlier you renew the better!
In order to invest in a number of key areas of the IICMS, for the first time ever, we have made a decision to increase our membership fee. The fee going forward will be €40 per member per annum. Student membership will remain free of charge.
Just to remind you, why join the IICMS?
- The ONLY representative voice to the HSE & Department of Health
- Access to member-only CPD section of the website
- Yearly Scientific Conference & AGM
- Access to funding (Bursary and Exam funding)
- Reduced rates at conferences, lectures, training and other IICMS Continuing Professional Development (CPD) events
- Invitation to free CPD events
- Professional advice and support form IICMS Officer, Board and office.
- Access to the latest job vacancies
- Access a wide range of CPD resources, training and study days.
- TU Dublin Students can avail of free membership during their college year
Please contact Deirdre at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to renew your membership.
A gentle reminder that nominations for Physiologist of the Year are open. For more information and how to nominate your colleague, please click on the below link
We have an exciting year ahead and look forward to welcoming 2020! But for now, I would once again like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous new year!
Tanya Byrne – IICMS President