- This event has passed.
The 6th annual HSE Open Access Research Awards are now open for entry
November 1, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The 6th annual HSE Open Access Research Awards are now open for entry.
The awards celebrate practitioners and researchers working across health and social care disciplines in Ireland who are publishing and making their research available in open access format. The awards are presented in eight categories:
- Mental Health
- Acute Hospitals
- Primary Care
- Social Care
- Health and Well Being
- Quality Improvement
- National Cancer Control Programme
- Clinical Strategy & Programmes
Entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges with research experience. An award will also be given to the best of all submissions received.
Criteria for Entry
Entries can draw on expertise from the medical, nursing or social care disciplines and include administration or management. Entries must fulfil the following criteria:
- The research article should have been published in the 24 months before entry
- It should be available in full text in Open Access (and added to the Lenus repository, pre or post entry)
Closing date is 1 November 2019.
Follow updates on the awards on the @hselibrary and @lenushse accounts or follow #HSEOAAwards19.
Enquiries about the awards can be directed to email@example.com.
Open Access Awards 2018 Winners
The 2018 awards took place on December 7th and the winners were:
- Mental Health: Bobby Smyth ‘Opioid substitution treatment and heroin dependent adolescents: Reductions in heroin use and treatment retention over twelve months’
- Quality Improvement : Keith McGrath ‘Enhancing Acute Stroke Services: A Quality Improvement Project’
- Acute Hospitals – Una Cunningham ‘Team interventions in acute hospital contexts: a systematic search of the literature using realist synthesis’
- Primary Care: Andree Rochfort ‘Does patient self-management education of primary care professionals improve patient outcomes: a systematic review.
- Health and Wellbeing : Garrett Greene ‘A novel statistical method for assessing effective adherence to medication and calculating optimal drug dosages‘
- Clinical Strategy and Programmes : Maria Brenner ‘Children’s complex care needs: a systematic concept analysis of multidisciplinary language’
- National Cancer Control Programme: Orlaith Cormican ‘Living with Relapsed Myeloma: Symptoms and Self Care Strategies’
Overall winner 2018
The overall winner of the 2018 HSE Open Access Research Awards was:
Congratulations to all the 2018 award winners and entrants.